Building name reverts after checkin

krispayne
Contributor

I need to update the building names for all of my remote Macs and if I go in and edit them via the "Action" button in the search, they stay, but then at next checkin, they're reverted back to what they were before.

My LDAP servers are configured and work correctly, the machines were recon'd using the username that I'm performing the lookup on now. Inventory collection does perform an LDAP lookup.

I can't seem to find out why this is happening and would love a second brain to help me out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Go into the settings for the JSS and look under Network Organization. Check if there are network segments for that IP range. In network segments you can choose to override the building assignment for a device when it checks in from that network segment.

See this picture:

cf9d2d36147f48a0addf1bbd74d80270

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Go into the settings for the JSS and look under Network Organization. Check if there are network segments for that IP range. In network segments you can choose to override the building assignment for a device when it checks in from that network segment.

See this picture:

cf9d2d36147f48a0addf1bbd74d80270

krispayne
Contributor

Agh! Thank you, @chriscollins! I had a network segment that encompassed all my stores.