Connection Failure: The host is not accessible

markc0
New Contributor III

Hello

We have a company corp wifi (which can access the jss), when the mac logs in and the wifi starts up I see the above in the jamf.log. I guess because the wifi is still starting up when the jamf binary is checking for the login policies.
Does anyone have some ideas how i can get the mac to see the jss when the mac logins in and is connected to the corp WIfi?
So the login policies can run?
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@markc0 Can you advise more on how the wireless is configured?

The message might be that the Mac cannot connect to a DNS server to resolve the DNS name of the JSS.

markc0
New Contributor III

Thanks Ben, however i know it can resolve the name if i turn off the wifi and back on again.
My thoughts are that maybe the jamf binary is trying to connect before the wifi has fully started up.
i dont though if there is anyway to delay this

bentoms

@markc0 Not that I know, but what's you're seeing is not common.. so there maybe something in your wireless config to look at.

markc0
New Contributor III

Thanks again Ben, when you say this is not common do you have a setup whereby when the mac starts up it connects to a corp wifi and is able to run login policies?
Thanks

bentoms

@markc0 yes, using 802.1x here & at $last_job it worked too using WPA2.

markc0
New Contributor III

Thanks, with the 802.1x did you have to do anything extra to the macs for this?
like a config profile or something?

bwiessner
Contributor II

I've been seeing the same thing too. We are using a 802.1x setup as well. We are using a config profile.

brushj
New Contributor III

We are seeing this same error while doing our new image of 10.10.3 for next year. Tried with and without a config profile and still get the error. No 802.1x auth just WPA2