Issues Copying Files in a Policy

zedd
New Contributor II

Casper Team,

I have a policy that needs to put files in the following locations.

/Library/Fonts
/System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library/Preferences/
/System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 7.5/en_US (Adobe InDesign/Version 7.5/en_US is a folder that I need to be created during the policy execution)

I used the Disk Utility and Composer to create a DMG that contained the files but when the policy is executed none of the files are copied. I created a DMG that puts files in the /Users/Administrator/Desktop and that works fine.

Does anyone know how I can put files in the following locations? We have different departments that need custom images.

Thanks!
Enzi Jauregui

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

In composer, make a dmg package with the following:

/Library/Fonts
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 7.5/en_US (Adobe InDesign/Version 7.5/en_US

(where "username" is your home folder name).

When you upload it to Casper Admin, enable the FUT (Fill User Template) option and it will put the files into /System/Library/User Template.

You can also use the FEU (Fill Existing Users) button to add it to any pre-existing user homes.

You shouldn't need /Users/username/Library/Preferences as well as the item below it will create the path if it doesn't exist.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

Here is how I would do it:

1. Log in to OS X with a generic account for packaging
  2. Put the desired fonts in /Library/Fonts
  3. Put the desired Preferences in ~/Library/Preferences/
  4. Drag the Fonts/Plists into the Sources section of Composer (top half of left pane). This will create a new Source, you can drag additional files to this package as needed.
  5. Name your package
  6. Check your permissions
  7. Build as a DMG
  8. Use FEU and FUT when deploying.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

In composer, make a dmg package with the following:

/Library/Fonts
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 7.5/en_US (Adobe InDesign/Version 7.5/en_US

(where "username" is your home folder name).

When you upload it to Casper Admin, enable the FUT (Fill User Template) option and it will put the files into /System/Library/User Template.

You can also use the FEU (Fill Existing Users) button to add it to any pre-existing user homes.

You shouldn't need /Users/username/Library/Preferences as well as the item below it will create the path if it doesn't exist.

Look
Valued Contributor III

Are you sure they aren't there and you just can't see them? Most of those locations have quite specific permissions.
I push things into the template folder all the time without issues.
Usually I enable and enter the root account and run composer from there for the creation of the packages.