EPSON Scan Settings.app

Stuey
New Contributor III

Hi all,

At School we have 2 Mac Labs for Art/Design with Epson IP Scanners. Currently, after imaging the lab, I need to manually add the scanner settings using a Local Admin Account.

I'm looking for a .plist somewhere that stores the scanner details so I don't have to setup 40 machines with scanners every time I re-image the labs (currently every 3 months). The preferences must be system level as they carry across users, yet I can't find anything in /Library/Preferences or /System/Library/

Does anyone know where I can find such a plist or something I can package up to add to the imaging process so I can do zero-touch imaging? I'd like to avoid capturing a separate image if possible.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andysemak
Contributor

Pretty sure it depends on the type of scanner

The two USB scanners I packaged recently (4490 & 4990) both required a Composer Snapshot

The network scanners (50000 in our case) hold the config in /Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources/EPSON_____.ds

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

We did this a few weeks ago. There were a couple of different files needed so we packaged it with Composer and deployed. All worked ok.

I don't have access to the package at the moment to check what the files were but I'll take a look later and post back.

Stuey
New Contributor III

Thanks @davidacland, It's not a big deal for the time-being.

I've manage to complete the 40 machine re-image yesterday using enough open ARD sessions that my colleagues thought I was trying to hack the Matrix.

andysemak
Contributor

Pretty sure it depends on the type of scanner

The two USB scanners I packaged recently (4490 & 4990) both required a Composer Snapshot

The network scanners (50000 in our case) hold the config in /Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources/EPSON_____.ds

Stuey
New Contributor III

Thanks @andysemak , When I budled that file in a Composer Snapshot it worked.

Now to test it on my lab and FINALLY have at least one configuration that is setup for Zero Touch Imaging :)