Adobe CC Named User vs Walkup machines

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

We want to use Named user packages, however we have walkup machines that could have 10 different users them in the same day, which would mean we need to use licensed packages, but then would allow the techs to just deploy those instead of the named user packages through casper since we can't restrict which machines are allowed to have it and then we get over installed. Is there a way (script? launch deamon/agent) to auto-sign out when they close the app so the next user needs to sign in to the app to get it working?

2 REPLIES 2

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

Hey, talk to your adobe rep. They allow single licenses for creative cloud apps now. 1 License key for them all. Get rid of the cloud bullshit application and just deploy packages like you did with CS6.

Sorry if this is totally not what you want to do. I couldn't deal with the micro managing of individual apps and forcing users to login to the creative cloud sign on page.

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

I'm not sure if I completely understand how you want this to work, but if you want to remove a serialized CC license at logout you can do that.

When you create a licensing only package in CCP you will also get a RemoveVolumeSerial binary. Create a logout policy that copies RemoveVolumeSerial down to the mac and use a script to run it.