SMART Notebook Galleries

DanSam
New Contributor III

Has anyone tried pushing these out as a separate install from the SMART Notebook software? Not all of our teachers want/need access to the galleries, but some would revolt if they were not available. In the interest of keeping our teacher image (modular) smaller, I would like to be able to just install the Notebook software and let the teachers choose if they would like to download the galleries through Self Service or not.

It seems fairly straight forward to put together (let me know if I am wrong on that), so I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this or have had any issues with a similar setup.

Thanks for the info,
DanSam

1 REPLY 1

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

Yes. We have a setup that works fairly well. The gallery files are cached locally with a .dmg to /Library/Application Support/Smart Temp Files. These are placed on the machine first(separate policy or priority or whatever). I then use a separate .pkg to do the install of Smart Notebook 2015. If those files aren't present, it just skips over the Gallery install. If they are there, it installs them just fine.

In your case, you'd just make two self service policies. One that is just the Smart Notebook installer. The other would have the Gallery Files dmg and the Smart Notebook installer.