Screen Sharing with JSS Server

ehendricks
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying to manage the JSS backup utility via Mac OS X Screen Sharing. With Screen Sharing, everything is working as normal, except for when I open the JSS Backup Utility, nothing displays in the GUI window. It is blank. It also shows blank when I try and open the Java settings in the Mac System Preferences. Viewing directly from a monitor connected to the server, it is fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Emily

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ehendricks
New Contributor III

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the response :)

I'm not sure if this was the main reason it wasn't working, but I turned off WiFi on the server (using only network connection) and also changed the Screen Sharing View option to "Full Quality" (as opposed to Adaptive Quality). It now seems to work! #fingerscrossed

Thanks again,
E

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jennifer
Contributor

If you click and drag on the windows, will they show up then?

Mine have done that before, (non technically speaking) it seems to act like it forgot there was a screen involved. So once I click and remind it, it renders the window normally again.

ehendricks
New Contributor III

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the response :)

I'm not sure if this was the main reason it wasn't working, but I turned off WiFi on the server (using only network connection) and also changed the Screen Sharing View option to "Full Quality" (as opposed to Adaptive Quality). It now seems to work! #fingerscrossed

Thanks again,
E