Composer - policies - Self Service - Imaging-Keychain errors- cannot create mini buddy cancel or reset to defaults login keychain is not there.

CSHGreenwich
New Contributor III
  1. Only admin user ---- during imaging.. get error to reset to default but it never works.. cannot save any new application preferences ~library/application support get access denied.
    1. Set up machine add to domain login domain user twice and set as admin.. Install a string or separately in Self service works for that users.. But Chrome and firefox cannot access application support folder so cannot use Chrome or Firefox. 3.Same as no 2 but move to a department called install that has policies set to auto trigger instead of using self service .. this works on the domain user but support then cannot use FireFox or Chrome. I really want the settings to work. I created the apps using composer.. Used snapshot and created dmg.. For the Chrome creation I just dragged and dropped.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpeski
New Contributor III

Did you set the right permissions for the Composer packages? We usually set root:wheel as the permissions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@CSHGreenwich I'm not quite sure what you're saying.. but how is the base image created?

mpeski
New Contributor III

Did you set the right permissions for the Composer packages? We usually set root:wheel as the permissions.

CSHGreenwich
New Contributor III

Thank you I had forgotten about permissions. I even just took the CCT class and they did not mention.. Thank you.

CSHGreenwich
New Contributor III

The base image was created from the installer file and an admin user was created during imaging.

CSHGreenwich
New Contributor III

The image was created using AutoDMG see: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=14687