Profile errors

robby_barnes
New Contributor III

I have a few computers that are constantly failing to receive configuration profiles that I push out. I've tried re-pushing the profiles out, and occasionally that will grab one or two more computers, but not all of them. Does anyone have any idea why certain computers just struggle with profiles? Are there any great ways of kind of refreshing that part of it, preferably all from the JSS without having to manually log in to each computer?

1 REPLY 1

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

If some of the profiles are deploying some of the time its going to be a bit tricky to track down the root cause(s). Even in the best of situations, profile delivery isn't 100%.

There are a few feature requests to make the management of the incidents a bit easier but for now there isn't much you can do apart from remove the Macs from the scope and then re-add them.

If it is proving very unreliable for you I would suggest asking JAMF to take a look through the JSS logs and possibly your network admin to check what is going on at the firewall end when you push out a new profile.