Mac VPP Invitation not showing up

Lhsachs
Contributor II

I have a large group whose Macs are being refreshed and up until this evening, I haven't had any issues with: 1. adding the user to the new computer via the JSS console, 2. Preparing the invitation for VPP for that user, and 3. Add the user to the list of software that group gets...

The issue we have is the invitation has not appeared for this user. Their name is in all 3 lists: Users, VPP Invitations, VPP Assignments.

Has anyone else had this problem on a Mac?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lhsachs
Contributor II

We resolved the issue. To put it simply, the problem was that the VPP token was being rejected.
Yes, we had users in 'Users,' and created Invitations....

We downloaded a new token from the apple VPP site, and replaced the 's token companyname.vpptoken' with the new token, and the issue was resolved.

It just so happens that the person in charge of our applevpp account changed the password on it last week.....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Lhsachs
Contributor II

As we analyze the issue:
User is in VPP Invitations List
User is NOT showing up in the VPP Invitation Usage list - which you get to by clicking on the Accepted (percentage) column next to the Invitation name...

More as we resolve it...

brandonusher
Contributor II

They will not get a VPP invite until after an inventory update is run and the users information is filled out in the JSS. Check that their name, email and username are being filled in correctly on the device location.

Lhsachs
Contributor II

We resolved the issue. To put it simply, the problem was that the VPP token was being rejected.
Yes, we had users in 'Users,' and created Invitations....

We downloaded a new token from the apple VPP site, and replaced the 's token companyname.vpptoken' with the new token, and the issue was resolved.

It just so happens that the person in charge of our applevpp account changed the password on it last week.....

jasongilpatrick
New Contributor

I wiped out all the old printer information under "Test 01" and created a new printer policy "Test 02." It behaved exactly the same was as Test 01. Afterwards I went to capture the debug file to upload, but no debug file had been created. Please advise.