WiFi Configuration Profile breaks Deploy Studio Imaging

nmanager
New Contributor III

I have ran into an issue where I added a new configuration profile for a wireless network. Now when I re-image using Deploy Studios the imaging process hangs at Installing Quick Add package. I tried recreating the quick add package via recon. I tried wiping the drive completely vs re-image. With no change. I excluded the WiFi configuration profile from the device and it worked fine. The WiFi is WPA2 with a 50 character password with special characters, number, and letters. Is there any know issue with WiFi configuration profile? Or ones with special characters? The WiFi configuration profile works fine once the device has completed imaging.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Its a little unclear, but did you mean that you are installing the Wi-Fi profile as part of imaging with DeployStudio, or did you mean the profile gets installed after imaging and if trying to re-image the Mac, it gets stuck unless you first remove the profile from the Mac?

nmanager
New Contributor III

From what I can tell the machine completes enrollment. Then starts loading the profiles and enrollment policies. If it loads the WiFi profile I have setup the system freezes and wont continue. So the WiFi isn't tied to the image just a policy that is pushed out once enrolled into Casper. To verify it was with the WiFi policy I excluded the network range for the test device so the policy wouldn't apply. Once this was done it went straight through without issue. I also verified in the logs that the WiFi policy wasn't ran

nmanager
New Contributor III

I change the Configuration Profile to run via a Policy Script.