Auto Update Magic for JSS in the Cloud

Shawn_Waller
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if there is a version of Auto Update Magic/AutoPkgr for those of us that use JSS in the cloud? I was digging around yesterday and couldn't find much info on it.

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

elliotjordan
Contributor III

@Shawn.Waller Give it a shot with AutoPkgr 1.3.1, which landed yesterday.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

charliwest
Contributor II

You can use JSS-Importer with cloud jss I believe, although we don't use cloud only local. Then you can use autopkgr and AUM with it anyway and just use JSS-Importer to push your packages up to the cloud.

Shawn_Waller
New Contributor II

Thats what i thought but i couldn't get it to connect to the JSS. Unless there is a different URL to use on JSS Importer.

charliwest
Contributor II

Should be your normal URL you use to access it, can you web browse to it from the box you run autopkg on?

Shawn_Waller
New Contributor II

Yeah i tried the normal URL and it just gives an error that it cant connect. I can browse the site just fine in Safari or Chrome on the same computer. I think @adamcodega had a different version last time but i havent seen anything lately.

elliotjordan
Contributor III

@Shawn.Waller, what's your master distribution point configuration?

JSS in the cloud with master JDS or file share distribution points should work with JSSImporter today. JSS in the cloud with cloud distribution points will work soon.

Shawn_Waller
New Contributor II

i have JSS in the cloud with File Share DP's

elliotjordan
Contributor III

@Shawn.Waller Give it a shot with AutoPkgr 1.3.1, which landed yesterday.

Shawn_Waller
New Contributor II

That totally worked!!

Shawn_Waller
New Contributor II

Now that i have it working it connects and sets up the Distribution points but when i go to Run the Recipe's it gives an error.

A Python exception occurred during the execution of autopkg, see the system log for more details.

[ERROR] jss.exceptions.JSSGetError: Response Code: 404 Response:

ega
Contributor III

So I run this setup all the time with a cloud instance. One thing I have found is that it is important to use are url that forces the port number like https://yourjss.jamfcloud.com:443/

Also you will want to triple check your permissions on the JSS user.

elliotjordan
Contributor III

@Shawn.Waller If you get a 404 error, try running the same recipe a second time. The API sometimes chokes while uploading the icon file, but subsequent runs usually work.

If you run the recipe in Terminal, you may see icon.save() in the traceback. That's a sure sign that the above behavior is occurring.

macbentosh
New Contributor III

I got a 404 on some updates that it was trying to package. I found more info about the error by turning on email alerts. My hangup was TextWrangler causing the 404.