NYC Metro JAMF User Group October 2015 Meeting

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey all,

The Tenth (!) NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Thursday, October 1st, 2015 4:30 to 6:30 PM. at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, 6th Floor New York, NY, 10014.

Since our last meeting, I have joined JAMF, and have been asked if the group would continue, and the answer is all that is going to change is who is up front in the room, and who buys the Pizza.

I've asked a few of the regulars from the group to step up and help with future meetings and get some ideas together for the next few months, and I'm happy to say that the group will continue to grow.

Registration will be active within the hour, and with all the pending announcements and releases headed our way from Apple, we should have much to discuss. Also, this will act as a bit of a pre-game for folks headed to JNUC.

Registration link is here

Hope to see you all there!

--MM

5 REPLIES 5

pfedak
New Contributor

See you then, Mark! Nice meeting you the other day!

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey folks,

We are a week out from the next NYC JUG meeting. Registration is open until next Wednesday, so if anyone is interested, please sign up.

With El Capitan set to be released the day before the meeting, we will have a lot to discuss. Also, we may be getting a visitor to stop in and talk about the state of some of the happenings that are going on in the Mac community in general.

Feel free to spread the word, and I hope to see you next week.

--MM

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey all,

Last day of registration - If you are interested and can attend, please sign up. If you signed up and can't make it, please let us know as well.

Hope to see you there.

--MM

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

Turns out I'm in CCA training this week and may not be able to attend as planned, but I'm leaving myself on the roster just in case I get out of class early on Thursday.

kevinfriel
Contributor

I'd like to thank everyone who attended the NYC JUG last night. As usual, a great event and thanks to everyone who attends and shares.

A very special THANK YOU to Mark Melaccio @MarkMelaccio who handed me the reigns last night.
After congratulating Mark on his employment with JAMF, we got on with the show.

Jonah Klevesahl @jonah was able to give us a great rundown about IBM's MobileFirst Managed Mobility Services.

We took the rest of the meeting to get to know each other and discuss the biggest topic of the day...Mac OS 10.11: El Capitan. Going over the issues we were all seeing with compatibility and deployment. Even discussing best practices for restricting the install of El Cap...and why some organizations do and don't.

Our next meeting is scheduled for the beginning of December. We are always looking for good suggestions for speakers or topics, so contact me if you have either. If you are doing something interesting with Casper at your organization, and you would like to share, we'd love to hear it. I'll post the exact date once the location logistics have been worked out.

Thanks to Christos Drosos @christos & Apple for use of the EBC, and Henry Patel @henrypatel & JAMF for the Pizza and refreshments.

And once again a special thank you to Mark: For creating the NYC METRO JUG and making it what it is today. We plan to continue on and be a great place to share and connect with fellow Casper users.