Safari SSL

paulvb
New Contributor II

I am trying to run a secure browser for state testing on three labs in the school. When I open the browser I get an unknown error message: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made."
The NWEA support team had me 1.In Safari click on Safari and go to Preferences
2. Click on Privacy 3. Click Remove All Website Data
4. Close Browser
5. Restart the computer

This didn't work. Is there an SSL setting that I can configure that will allow the browser to work?

2 REPLIES 2

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Are you behind a stateful-inspection firewall that inspects SSL traffic?

Can you try creating a new user on that Mac and see if they have the same issue?

joshbuddy
New Contributor III

We've been seeing the same thing here with the NWEA Lockdown Browser. Most of the time if you just click quit and open it again it loads up fine. Other times we need to run through these troubleshooting steps that they sent us that look very similar to yours with one extra thing to try at the end. Hoping they have a fix for this soon.

Here is what NWEA sent us :

Thank you for contacting NWEA Partner Support. We have received your inquiry regarding SSL issues.
Our engineers are currently looking into these issues. In the meanwhile, please try the following:

1. In Safari click on Safari and go to Preferences

2. Click on Privacy

3. Click Remove All Website Data

4. If this does not work, try opening Chrome or Firefox, opening test.mapnwea.org and leaving it open in the background as you launch the Lockdown Browser.