Multiple step commands

paulvb
New Contributor II

I need to install a LabTech Agent on all Staff computers so they can create service tickets. The installation calls for a couple of terminal commands:
These are from the LabTech website:

sudo launchctl list | grep com.labtechsoftware and press [Enter]. You will be prompted for your administrator password.
Enter your password and press [Enter]. The following two items will display:
com.labtechsoftware.LTUpdate
com.labtechsoftware.LTSvc
Enter the following command launchctl list | grep com.labtechsoftware and press [Enter]. The following item will display:
com.labtechsoftware.LTTray

Any help on how to set up a policy for this install?

4 REPLIES 4

Look
Valued Contributor III

launchctl list simply shows the launchagents and launchdaemons currently on the machine, it doesn't actually install anything as such...
What exactly are you trying to do?

paulvb
New Contributor II

I see. Thanks for pointing that out to a newbie. I did not understand the command, which has since led me to find an Apple Script manual.

rickgmac
Contributor

From their website "The remaining steps are for verification purposes only to ensure the agent has installed successfully."

If you just deploy your installer this should work fine.

Also bare in mind if you plan on upgrading to El Capitain. You will have to wait for Labtech to update, as their product installs in a location which will no longer be accessible under the new SIP protections

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/FileSystemProtections/FileSystemProtections.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016462-CH2-SW1

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

It looks like those commands are just checking to see if the launchdaemon/agents are running post install.

If you see this is a problem then you could proceed with a post install script as part of the installer (through Composer) to test that they're running.

If you don't see this problem then you can assume that it's running as expected.