Requests?

strobes
New Contributor

Coming from Portland, AKA craft beer mecca.

I see nothing from Oregon on the list yet...

Thoughts?

I'm happy to bring a few bombers.

http://www.portlandbeer.org/breweries/map

15 REPLIES 15

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Things like Deschutes, Rogue, etc. are pretty well-distributed. My suggestion is to find something that you like, and bring a bottle or two...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C7WIXhBccEXGSz_qZ0ZfS224WCRI7uFwWpQVd1tbXkY/edit#gid=0

andyinindy
Contributor II

Ahoy there, Portlander!

I would suggest something from Hair of the Dog or Cascade. But, as @RobertHammen says, bring what you like to drink and you can't go wrong.

Cheers!

--Andy

Kedgar
Contributor

This is the best post I've ever seen here!

strobes
New Contributor

Well you guys are in luck I really like cascade and they are having their five year anniversary and releasing some special bottles.

strobes
New Contributor

Oh and I happen to have a few hair of the dog bottles already!

lkrasno
Contributor II

Blue Dot :) ?

strobes
New Contributor

I love Blue Dot, its my favorite IPA in the whole world (probably because its not like most IPA's), except Hair of The Dog has some issues with consistency on it, last time i bought a bottle it had a large amount of crisp floaties that were difficult to not get in your glass and had a very unpleasant texture. But if they have a bottle I will grab one. I currently have two bottles of Cherry Adam form the Wood.

andyinindy
Contributor II

Can someone clarify whether the bottle share is scheduled for the 14th or the 15th? The event listing says the 15th, but it also says that "when we are finished role (sic) on down to the Nation party" which is on the 14th.

<confused>

charliwest
Contributor II

Hello all, sorry for the confusion, I have edited the event page now. The idea is we head to the JAMF office AFTER the Happy Hour on the THURS. All other evenings were taken and this seemed like the best of a bad bunch.

charliwest
Contributor II

Anyone able to get hold of any of the Bourbon County Stout from Goose Island please?

Not applicable

@charliwest I'm driving up from Chicago, I'll keep an eye out for this.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

@charliwest I take it you've never had it? It is released once a year on Black Friday (day after Thanksiving). If you've never had it, I'll bring you your own bottle from my personal stash.

charliwest
Contributor II

Yeah never had it, I don't think any of it makes it over the pond. Thats would be amazing, thank you

benducklow
Contributor III

This is a great idea. I love bottleshares!

benducklow
Contributor III

That was an EPIC bottleshare last night. Thanks to everyone for the great selection and the few whalez from across the country and around the world. If anyone is interested in beer trading every once in awhile ping me on the Twitter @benducklow we can take it from there. I am local to Minneapolis so Surly, Indeed and some others are beers I would have to offer.