Bypass Credit Card in iTunes for iPad Set Up

sara_fenn
New Contributor

We have about 270 iPads that will be on carts for teachers to checkout. I've set up several apple IDs but when signing in to iTunes Store (in order for self-service to appear) for the initial set up, I cannot get around putting in a credit card number. "None" is not a payment method option. I only see "None" once I've entered my own credit card information, set everything up, then go back to iTunes Store settings and change the payment method to "None." I've even purchased an iTunes gift card hoping I could put that in instead of my credit card number, but no luck there as well. Advice? Suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

Have a look at this.

jduvalmtb
Contributor

You can also use this tool to create mass Apple IDs, and it does so by utilizing the none payment method. Just remember to call Apple first or your site may get blacklisted from creating Apple IDs.

DanSam
New Contributor III
Posted: 4 minutes ago by jduvalmtb You can also use this tool to create mass Apple IDs, and it does so by utilizing the none payment method. Just remember to call Apple first or your site may get blacklisted from creating Apple IDs.

This is what we did and it worked well.

sara_fenn
New Contributor

Thanks.. I followed those instructions prior to my post. I don't so much mind the extra time it requires to add a credit card, sign in, go back in and remove the credit card and change payment to "none." However, I was only allowed to do about 3 devices per credit card before I guess Apple, iTunes Store, my credit card people, whoever, got suspicious and shut that down option. So now I have about 40 more devices I need have "Self-Service" available on by Tuesday morning, but no solution for getting them the self-service app.

I'm currently updating the iOS hoping it will allow me to either get the self-service app or log into the iTunes store and select "None" right away. Any other advice or suggestions?

jduvalmtb
Contributor

I'm guessing it's not working due to Apple thinking you're a scammer from creating so many Apple IDs in a short period of time. It happened to us. Contact Apple Education @ 1-800-800-2775 and they can help by whitelisting your network.

And you have to choose the correct method to get the None option right away. Apple is particular about that.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II
they can help by whitelisting your network.

after you jump through some hoops and wait (at least in my experience)

DanSam
New Contributor III

We worked with our Apple rep and were able to get it done same day. I had honestly forgotten that we had to do that.

Forrout
New Contributor

It looks like you've encountered a frustrating situation with your iPad setup. Regarding payment methods, it's interesting that you brought up the topic of cryptocurrency. I recently read an article called “AAA” and it got me thinking – why is there still no way to pay with cryptocurrency in the App Store? This seems like a missed opportunity given the growing popularity and convenience of cryptocurrencies. It might be worth trying to suggest this payment method through Apple Support or feedback channels.