Adobe CC package failing via Self Service.

sirsir
Contributor

JSS Version: 9.8
Distribution point is SMB.

I created a Photoshop package with CCP, wrapped it into a DMG with Disk Utility, uploaded to distribution point, made the policy, tied the InstallPKGfromDMG script to it (with the correct parameter 4) and it fails to install. I also made sure the script was modified for updated binaries location.

Here is the log:

Executing Policy Adobe Photoshop CC... [STEP 1 of 3] Mounting Main Distribution Point to /Volumes/CasperShare... [STEP 2 of 3] Caching package Adobe_Photoshop_CC_Install.dmg... [STEP 3 of 3] Running script installPKGfromDMG_New.sh... Script exit code: 0 Script result: Variable "dmgName" value is set to: Adobe_Photoshop_CC_Install.dmg Mounting the DMG Adobe_Photoshop_CC_Install.dmg... Usage: hdiutil attach [options] hdiutil attach -help DMG mounted successfully as volume on device . Installing Package from mount path ... There is a problem with your syntax. Error: No package was specified Type "jamf help" for more information. There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: 1 Unmounting disk ... hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory

I'd rather not use Composer to package these things up if possible.

5 REPLIES 5

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@SirSir i think that script references the JAMF binary in the old location. If you haven't updated the script you should. The new path is /usr/local/bin/jamf.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Why not just use the CC installer PKG from CCP directly? I have created several and have had no issues getting them installed from SMB/HTTP(S) DP's.

sirsir
Contributor

@andrew.nicholas I was under the impression that Casper was unable to deploy Adobe PKGs from SMB distribution points?

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@SirSir For me, it works 50% of the time using SMB on Windows Server. I switched to HTTP using IIS and now have a 100% success rate.

sirsir
Contributor

I forgot to scan the Disk Utility made DMG's for restore first; everything is now working!