Case Management Software

jpilege
New Contributor III

Hello Fellow Mac Admins!

My company is looking for another case management for our support tickets. As of today we are using Salesforce, not their Salesforce Desk product.

I wanted to reach out to see what you guys/gals are using in today's world.

I attended the JNUC last week and heard a lot of people using Service Desk and ZenDesk. Are these recommended among others or is there a better product?

10 REPLIES 10

Typhoon_87
New Contributor

We are currently using Solarwinds WebHelpdesk. It works pretty well is reasonably flexible and reasonably priced. They charge per tech not per end user.

NickKoval
Contributor
Contributor

We use AutoTask because it ties in with billing (~ish) and our O365 e-mail. It also allows us to create projects (collections of tasks) beyond simple tickets.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

We're an Atlasssian shop, so we use Jira for our ticket system and Confluence for our Wiki. Jira has a nice API and plays well with other services (like Slack, for instance) so we've been relatively happy with it. The one thing we're missing is asset management, which is what we're looking into next.

jpilege
New Contributor III

Thanks for all the posts! We've been looking more into ZenDesk and Jira. Jira has some nice features that my boss likes. As of right now no winners, but if there's any other thoughts or comments, let me know.

ben_greiner
New Contributor

Hi Jason, We use Zendesk (find my recent JNUC blog post and presentation here: http://frgt.co/1OYoyV6) and we're exploring expanding our JSS/Mac integrations to other systems like AutoTask or Jira. If anyone has thoughts, ideas or experience with other systems please reach out to me. Thanks for starting this discussion.

betty02
New Contributor II

Solarwinds WebHelpdesk user here too! Seems ok, not as fancy as I would like it to look, but then doing web design on the side i get silly with how seek things look haha! In terms of function does everything and more then we need!

tnordahl
New Contributor

@emilykausalik , if you want to run asset management in JIRA, you should try Insight for JIRA.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Salesforce Cases.. oh dear.

Zendesk has a really, really good API but I found it doesn't have features designed for internal IT, I use Freshservice. TIcketing, knowledgebase, service catalog, problem and change tracking, inventory, and it's really quick to get started with.

CTSi-TPoyner
New Contributor

Coming late to the game (given the original post date), but will add that we are Autotask PSA and Autotask Endpoint Management (AEM) users. Would really like to see Integration between JAMF and Autotask.

ccampion
New Contributor

Is anyone using the technology component of SchoolDude ? We starting using it for facilities and event requests but held off on the tech piece.