Self Service 9.81 acting strange

MDS_Ray
New Contributor

Situation: trying to set up a self service policy for iBooks Author.

Created a policy in the JSS (version is 9.81 - hardware is a mid 2012 Macbook pro running 10.10.5) to make iBooks Author available in self service (free from the app store, but it takes a very long time to download for some reason even though it's very small, so I wanted to make it available locally).

Tried to install it on another 10.10.5 Macbook Pro using self service 9.81and it stalled right at the very end. After I force quit self service, the application was installed and worked fine. Not a very good end user experience though.

Also tried to install it on a 10.11 macbook pro (self service 9.81) and that failed partway through with the error "Self Service has Encountered a problem. Quit and re-open self service to try again." Neither re-starting self service nor the whole machine made any difference. It continues to fail with this error.

Anyone else had these problems with self service? Any solutions?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Hey, sorry for the slow response. I've seen this on a few machines (Well, more reports of just this). The few that I've actually seen have been sorted by a restart and a PRAM zap. I will be looking into it next week assuming that there are any others to be found at my site. I haven't tested it at all on 10.11 but try zapping the PRAM and see where you get and we will compare notes this week!