El Capitan, Creative Cloud Packager and Remote Update Manager

snovak
Contributor

I've discovered that you can modify the ccp file (which is just an XML file) and modify the <RUMDeployLocation>/usr/sbin</RUMDeployLocation> entries to <RUMDeployLocation>/usr/local/bin</RUMDeployLocation> by hand, and then re-run the packaging process.

You can also go into the PKG's and modify the optionXML.xml file the same way and the installer respects it.

So for those of you who don't want to re-run all of the packaging processes, you can do

#!/bin/sh
find ./ -name "optionXML.xml" -exec sed -i '' 's/RUMDeployLocation>/usr/sbin/RUMDeployLocation>/usr/local/bin/' {} ;

against the directory where all of your CCP packaging took place and that should go through and update them all. Then you'll just have to copy them back up to your file distribution points so clients run the updated installers.

You can also do the same thing while searching for "*.ccp" to update all of the creative cloud packager files.

For those who don't want to have to re-run all of the installers (I don't blame you) it'd be very easy to create a script to simply copy the RemoteUpdateManager binary from /usr/sbin to /usr/local/bin.

1 REPLY 1

mpeski
New Contributor III

We're going to test El Capitan in a few weeks. This item was on my list of concerns. This saves me some time. Thanks for posting this.