VPP Device App Assignment Issue

pia_r
New Contributor

I'm trying to assign a paid app to two iPads (one is an iPad 2 and the other one is an iPad Air 2). The app successfully installed on the iPad 2 but I'm having an issue installing the app on the newer device.

I first tried to send a blank push and update inventory. It shows the command pending and then it goes away, which normally means it ran successfully. But the app still won't install. I tried installing using Self Service but the install button would re-appear. I've removed the device in scope and tried again but no success. Eventually the command shows pending for a while then I get a failed command saying the app is already scheduled for management.

309386132afb4e328d23826f2648e653

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

MischaB
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Have the same problem but with a inhouse app.
but not all off the devices has the same problem
350 has the new version and the other devices don't ;-(

what is going on??

pia_r
New Contributor

I have tried everything I can think of, even restoring the device, but still no luck. When I tried to assign the app to a different device, older than the one I'm having issues with, it installed the app just fine. I don't know what's going on. :(

What are the devices you're having issues with? The one I'm having issues is an iPad Air 2.