Installing Evernote through Self Service

Sebas_sanz
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

Anyone tried putting the dmg downloaded from Evernote website into self service. I tried this but its at the end of the installation it just gets stuck and does not complete the installation. Is there a better to do this?

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jonnydford
Contributor II

The Evernote installer is a bit shitty. I just downloaded it and mounted the dmg, was prompted to accept T&Cs which is almost certainly why it's breaking.

I'd just install it and package up the .app in Simple Package Creator or something like that.

View solution in original post

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Casper can't handle drag and drop installers in disk images. It uses the hierarchy in the DMG as the blueprint for the install and Evernote ends up in /Volumes.

You can re-package using Composer, Simple Package Creator, AutoPKG (or something else) or deploy using VPP and the Mac App Store option in the JSS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jonnydford
Contributor II

The Evernote installer is a bit shitty. I just downloaded it and mounted the dmg, was prompted to accept T&Cs which is almost certainly why it's breaking.

I'd just install it and package up the .app in Simple Package Creator or something like that.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Casper can't handle drag and drop installers in disk images. It uses the hierarchy in the DMG as the blueprint for the install and Evernote ends up in /Volumes.

You can re-package using Composer, Simple Package Creator, AutoPKG (or something else) or deploy using VPP and the Mac App Store option in the JSS.

Sebas_sanz
New Contributor

Thanks guys for the response. Cheers!