Papercut app not working as expected

CapU
Contributor III

Good Morning Nation

We have been using paper cut on OS X for awhile now. No issues. I imaged a imac and went to set up and configure printing. Testing the setup the printer paused.
I made sure we had the latest drivers and the latest paper cut client. Still the printer paused. I decided to test on my Yosemite iMac and El Capitan laptop. No problems. After many permiataions I discovered the common factor is if printing has been set up previously on the system. Meaning a new image or a user who wishes to print can not get paper cut to open after hitting the print button. If we set up to print using the ip of the printer no issues.
Has anyone else seen this issue? Of course the windows admins say "Its working on windows so....."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CapU
Contributor III

Two factors that were in play.
1: Using a local account 2: Machine not bound Once realized these two factors were common to my test machines all of a sudden paper cut started to work

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

McLeanSchool
New Contributor III

Oh boy, you're probably in for a good time... My guess is you have the printers on a Windows server, printing over SMB with Kerberos authentication? If so, our fix was to just switch to using LPD to connect to the printers, as SMB and Macs are not friendly.

CapU
Contributor III

Two factors that were in play.
1: Using a local account 2: Machine not bound Once realized these two factors were common to my test machines all of a sudden paper cut started to work