JDS Issue with 0000_any_443_.conf

lbmoll
New Contributor II

Hey nation! I'm trying to configure a bunch of JDS's on OS X with Server 5 but I'm running into some issues.

I've successfully configured the root server, verified it working by replicating packages and downloading policies from Self Service. When trying to configure child instances is where I run into issues. After completing all the steps in the Troubleshooting JAMF Distribution Server guide , I run sudo jamfds inventory, set the parent in the JSS and then sudo jamfds policy on the server. The following message appears:

Adding password for user webDavReadUsername
Adding password for user webDavWriteUsername
<dscl_cmd> DS Error: -14009 (eDSUnknownNodeName)
IOError - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/sites/0000_any_443_.conf'

Step 1.3 of the JAMFNation guide says to delete or rename the 0000_any_443_.conf file so I don't understand why apache is pointing towards it. Better yet, how can I point it towards the correct 0000_127.0.0.1_34543_.conf instead?

After restarting the server a bunch of times and doing sudo jamfds policy again, the sync actually starts working, and all packages gets replicated from the root instance. Even though the sync completes, downloading from that server doesn't work. Here's an error message when trying to download an app through that server via Self Service:

jamf[20872]: The network connection was interrupted while downloading the package from https://JDSNAMEHOSTNAME/CasperShare/AppCleaner.dmg. Attempting to reconnect...
jamf[20872]: Error: AppCleaner.dmg is not available on  the HTTP server.

I'm doing this on OS X with JSS/JDS 9.81 and server 5.0.15

1 REPLY 1

jkeller13
New Contributor III

love.baak - did you get to a resolution on this? I am curious, as we encounter the same errors on two of our JDS machines but never receive the IOError. This happens frequently, and we are constantly running policy/inventory to give it a kick:

Adding password for user webDavReadUsername
Adding password for user webDavWriteUsername

This is constantly hanging the replication and preventing changes on the host. We also notice the same behavior where user machines cannot download applications via Self Service because they are "not available on the HTTP server."

We recently updated to JSS/JDS 9.82 and are running Server v4.1.5 due to previous incompatibilities with JDS v9.81 and Server v5.We will be upgrading to Server v5 now that JSS/JDS have been updated, but it would be nice to solve this issue in case it occurs in the future.