Webex Productivity tools crash Outlook 2016 15.18 when cancelling meetings.

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

Webex Productivity tools crash Outlook 2016 15.18 when cancelling meetings. FYI.

I've tested this on multiple machines and the results are the same, cancelling any meeting crashes Outlook. Confirm if you've noticed this.

14 REPLIES 14

step1107
New Contributor

Happening to me as well. I have had to remove the productivity tools until they have fixed.

iJake
Valued Contributor

What version of the Prod Tools are you running?

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

iJake
Valued Contributor

If it's not out yet it should be soon but 2.40.4003 should resolve that.

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

How do you know this? According to the release notes, Office 2016 for mac isn't supported at all.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Check @iJake's profile. He works for Cisco, that's how he knows ;)

iJake
Valued Contributor

@mm2270 Speaks the truth. :) I don't know the release date but we've been testing WxPT for Office 2016 for a while now. I'll see if I can get more details on when it will be GA to the public.

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

Cool. Thanks Jake. I like that abbreviation WxPT. Stealing it.

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-2007

iJake
Valued Contributor

Yup. We are on the same version internally and our Release Notes say the same thing but it works. We just can't say it does yet.

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

deleted

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Where does one download version 2.40.xxxx? As of April 10, 2016, the latest version I've been able to download is 2.36.13102 - which is definitely NOT compatible with Outlook 2016.

panzer06
New Contributor

2.40.6000 is available on your WebEx site. It finally works without generating a beach ball for a few seconds every time you open the Outlook 2016 calendar.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Since I posed my question, I discovered that our WebEx site has not been updated in months due to some kind of Windows XP compatibility that someone wanted to maintain. We're slated to get updated at some point in the future but it's beyond my control. :-(

jimmy-swings
Contributor II

Hi All - how are you managing the configuration of the application? I'm keen to suppress the constant update dialog box that our users continuously see...e647fabf2ebf41218009b6099c95317f