Acrobat DC fails to install with plist

rmiltenb
New Contributor

Hello. I'm trying to install Acrobat DC Pro with Adobe's customization utility. The package is created successfully, however when I install the application, it fails at the end when applying the custom plist.

Here's the entries from the install.log file from /private/var/log

Jan 28 16:08:29 itsd586.local installd[1842]: ./postinstall: Replacing the hive DC of /Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist with that of /private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.3iNOuo/Scripts/com.adobe.acrobat.DC.viewer.app.pkg.MUI.WCdCZ7/Resources/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist
Jan 28 16:08:30 itsd586.local installd[1842]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Untitled3.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7ff9fdc9bee0 {NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/tjones/Desktop/Acrobat%20DC/Untitled3.pkg#application.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.adobe.acrobat.DC.viewer.app.pkg.MUI, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Untitled3.pkg”.} { PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.adobe.acrobat.DC.viewer.app.pkg.MUI";
Jan 28 16:08:30 itsd586.local Installer[7411]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Untitled3.pkg”." UserInfo=0x6080002f5e80 {NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/tjones/Desktop/Acrobat%20DC/Untitled3.pkg#application.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.adobe.acrobat.DC.viewer.app.pkg.MUI, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Untitled3.pkg”.}

Here's my plist file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict> <key>cServices</key> <dict> <key>bTogglePrefSync</key> <true/> <key>bToggleAdobeSign</key> <true/> <key>bToggleAdobeDocumentServices</key> <true/> </dict> <key>2015</key> <string>FeatureLockdown</string> <key>cIPM</key> <dict> <key>bShowMsgAtLaunch</key> <false/> </dict> <key>cCloud</key> <dict/> <key>bAdobeSendPluginToggle</key> <false/>
</dict>
</plist>

4 REPLIES 4

farverk
New Contributor III

I'm actually having this same issue. I'm following the instructions in the pdf "Preparing and Licensing Acrobat Pro DC for Macs for Labs" and can't for the life of me get it to run and install correctly.

farverk
New Contributor III

@rmiltenb Did you ever get your issue figured out. After a 90 minute phone call with Adobe support we were able to get this packaged up and installing through self service. Let me know if you want me to write up what we did.

rmiltenb
New Contributor

@farverk Sorry, I forgot about this post. In the plist file, I had to change <key>2015</key> to <key>DC</key>. After that, it built fine. Still having issues with installing it during prestage imaging, but there's other threads about that.

martymac
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I've been trying to create a custom package using the Adobe Customization Wizard for Mac OS as well. The documentation I've been following is located here:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/MacWizDC/lockdown.html
http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Macintosh/lockable.html#Updater(basicsettings)

I noticed the example is formatted as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>2015</key> <dict> <key>FeatureLockdown</key> <dict> <key>cJavaScriptPerms</key> <dict> <key>tBlackList</key> <string>App.alert</string> </dict> </dict> </dict> </dict> </plist>

I used this example during a test run of the customization process and the "com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" file doesn't appear to be modified at all. According to the documentation, it appears that application is supposed to merge "the file Adobe provides with the administrator create file at runtime." Any help would be appreciated.

@farverk I would also be interested in your write-up.

Thanks!