Customized Screen Saver in El Capitan. Config profile?

taugust04
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone:

For years I've been creating a "customized" version of the Computer Name (or Message) screen saver by replacing the file /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Computer Name.saver/Contents/Resources/ScreenSaver.tiff and changing it from an Apple logo to our University's logo. I tried to get away from this and just use the built-in Apple logo in the past, but you would be amazed at the non-technical folks who noticed and asked why the screen saver wasn't showing our logo any longer.

In El Capitan, that directory is now protected by SIP (or at least seems to be). I'm not looking to disable SIP just for a screen saver. As an alternative, I've created a photo-based screen saver, using the "Floating" module. I've added the Photos to /Library/Screen Savers where the built-in photos are installed from Apple.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to send down a config profile to use the "Floating" module as the screen sever for the login window and use the "custom" saver. I'm seeing where I can target the specific screen saver module, however, I'm not sure if I can also control the custom batch of photos I would like to use.

Anyone doing anything similar?

Thanks,

~Ted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

taugust04
Valued Contributor

Thanks @calumhunter - I swear I've read that document in the past but there's a lot more information in there in its newest version.