java.vm.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.vm.version: 24.51-b03
os.arch: x86
os.name: Windows 7
Is there a way to stop this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MontielMo
New Contributor

How big is your mpp file? You may try increasing the amount of memory available to Java Runtime. Unfortunately you can't do it for ganttproject.exe (which is associated with GanttProject shortcuts in Windows menus) but you can do it for ganttproject.bat which comes with ZIP distro (and with Windows distro too, AFAIR). Try replacing -Xmx512m with -Xmx1024m in ganttproject.bat and start that bat file.
Also I can suggest this program Recovery Toolbox for Project https://project.recoverytoolbox.com/

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

scottb
Honored Contributor

d172afa9dc444cebb5f5162fcc2b9e4f

CapU
Contributor III

Does he know that this is a OS X site?
Too funny @scottb Excellent response. My office mates are ROFL911b72ebbf8045c6a69414ee88cbb031

boberito
Valued Contributor

@Bond77 What's a Microsoft Project?

MontielMo
New Contributor

How big is your mpp file? You may try increasing the amount of memory available to Java Runtime. Unfortunately you can't do it for ganttproject.exe (which is associated with GanttProject shortcuts in Windows menus) but you can do it for ganttproject.bat which comes with ZIP distro (and with Windows distro too, AFAIR). Try replacing -Xmx512m with -Xmx1024m in ganttproject.bat and start that bat file.
Also I can suggest this program Recovery Toolbox for Project https://project.recoverytoolbox.com/

Bond77
New Contributor

boberito, office program

scottb
Honored Contributor

Hmmm.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@Bond77 because no one else has pointed it out very clearly. this site is a community for admins of JAMF Software's Casper Suite which is a management tool for Macs. Naturally most people here work with Macs and most questions are focused on Macs. Although many do work with Windows as well. Glad you did get an answer that helped you, but just something to keep in mind when posting here in the future. There may be other communities where you might get quicker and better feedback.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@bpavlov is correct of course - maybe my tinfoil hat was on too tight - seeing two one-post people here asking and answering a completely non-JAMF question. Must be my evenings listening to C2C catching up.