Casper Imaging Spinning and Mac Not Rebooting On Imaging

johnklimeck
Contributor II

For some reason when NetBooted, using Casper Imaging (9.82), Casper Imaging "spins" and will not quit after imaging, and the Mac will not reboot.

This only occurs when NetBooted, not when using a boot USB 3 stick, for example, to boot the Mac. Obviously something on the NetBoot side.

The USB OS X image and the NetBoot image are OS 10.11.2, exactly same image file, only difference is obviously the NetBoot image has been run thru SIU, and that folder is .nbi.

thx in advance, john

3 REPLIES 3

lucas_nelson
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey John,

The SIU workflow is pretty janky. Try running through the following workflow and see if the issue persists.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AfOEriTW2S9JDr27vJA-4xC1UUr_aJJS4BM

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Hi @johnklimeck

I second @Tiny's advice. Try using @bentoms's AutoCasperNBI to build your NetBoot images. I've had great success with it.

May I also suggest building with a newer OS (10.11.3) just in case there may be an issue there.

And finally, how long did you leave the Mac? I've had a few times where it can take (not sure why) 5-10 minutes to finish up before actually rebooting.

Hope that helps!

Darren

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Guys,

Awesome, using AutoCasperNBI, works like a charm / champ!

No more Casper Imaging hang.

So glad this app exists, thanks macmule, fantastic app. See ya, System Image Utility.

John