Mac App Store PKG Issues

apizz
Valued Contributor

Not sure what's different, but I grabbed the PKGs of several applications from the Mac App Store for deployment in our environment several months ago. Recently we've had some issues with imaging (related to documented product issue D-009846) but in looking at that more closely, noticed that several post-image pkgs that are supposed to be installed are failing with the error:

"Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Keynote ... installer: certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allowUntrusted to override"

This occurs with the most recent versions of Keynote (6.6.1), Pages (5.6.1), and Numbers (3.6.1) which I grabbed not too long ago as well as the original Keynote, Pages, and Numbers versions we deployed at the beginning of the year successfully. These were grabbed using Rich's instructions here - https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/downloading-apples-server-app-installer-package/. Attempts to install the above software either via Self Service and Casper Remote produce the same error.

I also tried running the policy ID in Terminal for the iWork Suite with the addition of -allowUntrusted, but is also still producing the error.

We are on Casper version 9.82.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

The certificates Apple used in the installers expired. You'll want to re-download those packages from the Mac App Store.

Read more here

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

The certificates Apple used in the installers expired. You'll want to re-download those packages from the Mac App Store.

Read more here

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@aporlebeke Have you tried pulling the packages down again using the same method as before, and using the new versions in your workflow? Even if they show as being the same application version as before, I would try that and see. The "certificate used to sign package is not trusted" error probably means whatever certificate Apple had used before has since expired and they issued a new one with a new valid certificate. Its not the first time that's happened with any of their installers and updaters. If you continue to see that error even with a brand new one pulled down from the App Store, then something else is likely going on, but not sure what.

Edit: @cbrewer beat me to it, but his post would explain the issue you're seeing.

apizz
Valued Contributor

Thanks @cbrewer and @mm2270 . That's my issue.