Office 2016 VL 15.17 error Excel with VBA

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

is anyone having issues with VBA in Excel when running macros ?

Method 'ADD' of Object 'CommandBarControls' failed

run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)'

I have installed 15.17 and when check for updates, it says I am all up to date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JustDeWon
Contributor III

You are probably not seeing the updates, if you don't have the latest Microsoft Autoupdate tool.. You can get that tool here..

Run the install, than open a different Office program on 15.17, and check for updates. See if it sees it then..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JustDeWon
Contributor III

When was the last time you ran "check for updates".. 15.19.1 was released on 2/16/16 for Excelb21ceed69ed8498bbf9f08b15087028f

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I just did check for updates and get that it is up to date.

should i directly download the update from microsoft?

what is the current release on the Microsoft Office VLSC center?

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I went and directly downloaded the Excel 15.19.1 update and installed it. I still get the same VBA error. Looks like a VBA issue.

another question, why does my Office 2016 15.17 VL not see any updates when I check for updates?

I am installing using the 15.17 VL

managed computers I have installing 15.17 VL but without AutoUpdates available in the help menu. I want Office 2016 updates managed through casper. I have a seperate computer with Office 2016 15.17 VL installed with 'Check for Updates' available under the "help' menu. I use this computer to occasionally check to see if there are any Office 2016 updates.

JustDeWon
Contributor III

You are probably not seeing the updates, if you don't have the latest Microsoft Autoupdate tool.. You can get that tool here..

Run the install, than open a different Office program on 15.17, and check for updates. See if it sees it then..

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@JustDeWon thank you very much, I installed the latest Microsoft AutoUpdate tool 3.4.0 on the computer that i use to check for Office 2016 updates, afterwards I checked for updates, and guess what, 15.19.1 updates appeared. (before installed Microsoft autoupdate tool i manually installed 15.19.1 for Word/Excel/PPoint, but the 15.19.1 update for Onenote appeared.

I guess the VBA macro issue is something else. glad to get this auto update working now.

thanks

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

If this is a reproducible issue, join us on Slack and report the issue with the MS Office team. http://macadmins.org on the #microsoft-office channel

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@bpavlov which issue? check for updates not working until i installed 3.4.0 or the macro issue ?

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

For the VBA macro issue.