Zero-day Support for iOS 9.3

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Everyone -

We have fully tested Casper Suite 9.82 in conjunction with Apple iOS 9.3 and are confident supporting iOS 9.3 without disruption of current functionality.

Support for iOS 9.3 capabilities including Classroom app and education preview features such as shared iPad and managed Apple IDs are available today in beta 3 to all customers through JAMF Nation. We will be releasing Casper Suite 9.9 on March 31.

Here is the press release for more information. http://www.jamfsoftware.com/resources/jamf-software-prepared-with-zero-day-support-for-ios-93/

10 REPLIES 10

mrice
New Contributor II

"We will be releasing Casper Suite 9.9 on March 31."

Nice!

jgwatson
Contributor

I think I'm missing something here.... Zero day support in 10 days time?

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@jgwatson They mean that 9.3 will work fine with 9.82 so its technically zero day support and you don't have to worry about upgrading your iOS devices if you want to.

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

Really looking forward to explore all the new features that this big update brings.

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

There is some talk that 9.3 supports iCloud backup of data in device assigned apps!

mpittcasd
Contributor

Has anyone updated to 9.3 and noticed if their devices are still checking in or not?

RLR
Valued Contributor

Just updated my iPad to 9.3 and it's still checking in fine. Not updated Casper yet to the beta release. Will wait for 9.9.

Casper_Zach
New Contributor

Rolled over 2 devices to 9.3. No issues with checking in. In fact they both checked in right away and downloaded and installed missing apps which was an issue before with 9.2.1. Running jss 9.82

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

@St0rMl0rD Oh? Where are these talks.
Very interested in this..

CSNavigateurs
New Contributor III

We updated 3 carts (x30) iPads and we have seen NO issues so far ... Our Classes have also not been affected ... keeping our fingers crossed. Tomorrow we will do all our Pads that are in production and see their reactions ... will keep ya posted here. We have a total of 8 carts and 600+ teacher iPads in production and 1800+ waiting on the DEP lines.... Our JSS server is on premise.

Danyel