NetBoot Command VS Option Booting issue

vobizzy
New Contributor III

Hello everyone!
So I got hired back to my old job after a 4 year hiatus and I found the state of the Casper infrastructure in shambles. After a short refresher on everything Casper/Mac I pretty much got everything working except for one glaring aspect: NetBoot.

To cut it short I am building the netboot with AutoDMG and AutoCasperNBI. These are 10.10 and 10.11 images hosting off of a Mac Pro 2010 with 10GB and 10.10 server.

When I NetBoot holding down option key and selecting the image, it works great. But when I send out the bless command using terminal with booter, kernelcache, and options configured, it kernel panics out. This is the same client machine and on the same network.

Anyone else ran into something like this?

NOTE: I already added the netboot server to the "allowed list" on El Cap through "csrutil"

the bless command i used:

bless --verbose --netboot --booter tftp://10.10.10.10/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/fromYoseInstaller.nbi/i386/booter --kernelcache tftp://10.10.10.10/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/fromYoseInstaller.nbi/i386/x86_64/kernelcache --options "rp=nfs:10.10.10.10:/private/tftpboot/NetBoot/NetBootSP0:fromYoseInstaller.nbi/NetInstall.dmg" --nextonly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@vobizzy welcome back!

The command seems to point to NetInstall.dmg, try NetBoot.dmg (if created with ACNBI).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@vobizzy welcome back!

The command seems to point to NetInstall.dmg, try NetBoot.dmg (if created with ACNBI).

vobizzy
New Contributor III

I can't believe it was something so simple. Thank you so much @bentoms !