Imaging 9.82 "Show Custom" Issue

ajacks88
New Contributor

I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate post. I tried searching for this issue but I did not find a post speaking to this specific issue.

We are experiencing a strange issue as of recently with the Imaging app (v 9.82) via NetBoot, specifically having to do with the "Show Custom" button that allows you to make custom changes to configurations on the fly.

When you first boot up to the Imaging app on our NetBoot server the "Configuration" drop-down is set to "Empty", meaning there is no configuration selected to be customized. Once a configuration is selected, we are able to press the "Show Custom" button, and it works as it should. The issue comes into play when you use the "Sites" button to assign this machine to a site. After a site has been chosen (that is different from what was set by default when the Imaging app initializes) if we press "Show Custom" the Imaging window enlarges as if it was going to display the customization options, however it does not display anything in addition to what was there before pressing "Show Custom."

At first I thought this might be an issue with a specific site, so I switched back to the site that was first selected when the Imaging app initialized. Unfortunately, it seems as though once the Site button is used the "Show Custom" button seems to be broken.

Here is a picture of the Imaging app before pressing the "Show Custom" button
64a776b9d0364aab920af9519751e5b3

Here is a picture of the Imaging app after pressing the "Show Custom" button (broken)
4fb14e6aac2d4f788b75662667d4413a

After discovering we could consistently replicate this issue on different hardware with different Site choices I thought our NetBoot image may be to blame. At the beginning of this process we were using an older NetBoot server (hosted on 10.8.4) serving up a NetBoot image using OSX 10.10.4 with Imaging app v 9.82. I used this a an opportunity to build a test NetBoot server (running 10.11.4) serving up a brand new NetBoot image using OSX 10.11.4 with Imaging app v 9.82. Unfortunately I am able to consistently replicate the issue on my new NetBoot server with new NetBoot image.

Does anyone know if this is a known Imaging 9.82 bug, or if perhaps a configuration/JSS permissions issue could be causing this?

Thanks for any help/advice in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @ajacks88

This is an issue we're currently aware of and have filed as D-009411, which is still listed as open.

There are a couple of ways around this currently:

1) Log in to Casper Imaging with the Site Administrator account for the device(s) that need to be assigned to that particular site and use custom options during imaging.

Or

2) Set the site for the device(s) in the JSS after imaging.

If you have additional questions, or would like to get a case created to have attached to D-009411, please get in touch with your Technical Account Manager either by giving them a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @ajacks88

This is an issue we're currently aware of and have filed as D-009411, which is still listed as open.

There are a couple of ways around this currently:

1) Log in to Casper Imaging with the Site Administrator account for the device(s) that need to be assigned to that particular site and use custom options during imaging.

Or

2) Set the site for the device(s) in the JSS after imaging.

If you have additional questions, or would like to get a case created to have attached to D-009411, please get in touch with your Technical Account Manager either by giving them a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

ajacks88
New Contributor

Thank you, Amanda!