OS X El Capitan with Server 5.1 regarding mcx printers

foulgernz
New Contributor

Heres a tricky problem I've been grappling with on a school server since OS X Mavericks. School uses Papercut (which I dont think is related to the problem) and the problem is that mcx printers keep getting generated as phantom printers. These include a printer (all Konica Minolta) that the school hasn't had for at least two years. The school has three "real" KM printers all being shared on the server via OS X and Papercut. I've tried a variety of ways to stop this happening, going into cups and deleting them, just deleting them in printers and scanners etc. The most useful stopgap measure has been to use Papercut to disable the printer indefinitely but say mcx_0 and mcx_1 are thus disabled, after a while, mcx_2 and mcx_3 will appear and so on. I guess the only way to stop this happening is to disable mcx printer generation permanently (school doesn't need them - all are configured using IPP). I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction to disable mcx printers via terminal, applescript or modifying a preference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0