Adobe-Setting up AUSST

AARP
New Contributor III

Hello
I have successfully set up an AUSST server on a Mac server, and am deploying the client config file to the Mac. The instructions state to deploy to this path:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/AdobeUpdater.Overrides
However, even after installing an Adobe CC app locally, this path does not exist. There is a similar one however,
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/
Does anyone have an insider scoop on any changes that may have been implemented with AUSST or Adobe CC installs?
For fun, I have created the first directory, and dropped the config file in there as well as dropping it at the second path noted.
The problem is that after running the RUM tool, the logs do not specify where the client went for an update, only if it succeeded or failed. (it does not indicate whether it went out to Adobe's update server or used my local AUSST).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AARP
New Contributor III

Thank you for your responses! I have created the directory at path /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/... and apparently that did work! I had to use WireSHark to capture packets to identify which server the Updater called up.
Also, the good tip about enabling updates via editing the .dat file.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

strider_knh
Contributor II

The location might not exist but /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/ is where you need to put the file. Depending on how you created your installer it might not have crated the location, example is if you disable the ability to install updates if you created the installed using Adobe's tool. This files tell it where to look for update but you are right that the logs will not tell you where it got the update from. The only thing you can do is maybe chance your server connection logs when you install updates on a test stations.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/ is where you may find AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat which if present will prevent users from running the Adobe Update Manger software and doing updates themselves. Change the name of the file and then manual updates are possible.

jkb
New Contributor III

Another method of enabling “Check for Updates” under the Help Menu in applications is to just edit the AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file. Just change the <Suppressed> key from 1 (not allowed) to 0 (allowed). We have this text file rolled up into a package and listed in Self Service as “Fix Adobe Updates” because a round of CC2014 installers didn't have the option set.

For reference: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Yes, /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/AdobeUpdater.Overrides is the proper path for the overrides, but I believe if you're blocking all updates then the override is ignored. Not using an internal Adobe SUS so I can't confirm.

jkb

AARP
New Contributor III

Thank you for your responses! I have created the directory at path /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/... and apparently that did work! I had to use WireSHark to capture packets to identify which server the Updater called up.
Also, the good tip about enabling updates via editing the .dat file.

gabriel_martine
New Contributor III

If this is Adobe CC, you can use the Creative Cloud Packager to embed the update override file in your install packages. Additionally, you can also just add the license file to the Creative Cloud app and distribute and that will control all of the CC applications.

AlanSmith
Contributor

Having just gone through the process of setting up an Adobe Software Update Server and testing whether it worked, I too was trying to determine whether the updates had come from our server or whether the client downloaded the updates from Adobe's server!

After a bit of poking around I found the appropriate log under:
~/Library/Logs/AdobeDownload/DLM.log

In this log it says where the files are to be downloaded from!

Hope this helps.