Fusion Drive Image Creation with Composer 9.82

RRTXmacAdmin
New Contributor III

Hello all!

We just received our batch of replacement devices for the summer and I quickly began creating a new image. Now that the image is ready I am running into issues with Composer not seeing the Fusion drive partitions correctly as in it is grayed out and not available. Only the boot and recovery partitions seem to be available for selection. Does anyone have any info on this? Or perhaps there is already an article out there somewhere that I haven't seen yet. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@iprice ,

Are you using Target Disk Mode?

I ask because we do have a known issue where Composer does not properly see primary partition of a Fusion drive when in Target Disk Mode, which causes the drive to not be able to be selected. This issue is present in versions 9.73 and higher.

If this is what you’re seeing, please get in touch with your Technical Account Manager to discuss alternative imaging methods to get around it and to get a case open and attached to PI-002092.

If you are NOT using Target Disk Mode, something else is likely going on, and it would be a good idea to get in touch with your TAM so they can assist you in getting to the bottom of the issue.

You can contact your TAM by either giving them a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com (it will go directly to your TAM’s case queue), or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

stevevalle
Contributor III

We had issues with Fusion drives back when using Casper v9.61. We found that formatting the drive with Disk Utility before using composer or imaging helped.