Packages are stored only on the distribution points ?

Gallim
New Contributor

Hi everybody,
did anyone can tell me if the packages are stored only on the distribution points ? or, does the "JSS" store a copy of the packages ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Packages are stored both on your Master distribution point (this is where they go when you upload them via Admin) and also on any other DPs which you have set up to replicate the Master CasperShare. They are NOT stored in the database.

View solution in original post

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yes, they are only on the distribution points. The only possible exception, and I'm not even certain about this, or if it even counts, is when you index a package. I think the index gets stored somehow in the database, but again, I'm not completely certain on that. But the physical package that gets downloaded to a client still lives on the distribution point(s).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Packages are stored both on your Master distribution point (this is where they go when you upload them via Admin) and also on any other DPs which you have set up to replicate the Master CasperShare. They are NOT stored in the database.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yes, they are only on the distribution points. The only possible exception, and I'm not even certain about this, or if it even counts, is when you index a package. I think the index gets stored somehow in the database, but again, I'm not completely certain on that. But the physical package that gets downloaded to a client still lives on the distribution point(s).

Gallim
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply, it confirms what I thought.