APNS Communication

michaelt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I've setup a JSS on Ubuntu 14.04 as a bit of a home lab system. All seems to work fine apart from the communication to APNS:-

Unable to create a push notification certificate through the JAMF nation wizard. When I log in it boots be back to the login screen with no error message or indication of fault.

If I try and obtain the JAMF proxy certificate I get the same bounce at login but I do get a "an unknown error occurred (500)" error.

If I enroll device a iOS device the inventory information reported is very basic and the device name is the serial number of the device. When I go to management I see a log for a problem communicating with the push server.

It all looks to be an issue hitting Apple but all the telnet testing to Apple range on the required ports looks fine. Does the JSS have any additional logs that could give me an idea of the issue? For reference I've just setup a brand new VM and reinstalled the JSS but I'm experiencing the same issue.

Cheers

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KatieE
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Michael,

This is likely an issue with OpenJDK cacerts on Ubuntu. Please give this a shot, then restart the Tomcat process:

sudo /var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates-java.postinst configure

Documented here

Cheers,
katie

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KatieE
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Michael,

This is likely an issue with OpenJDK cacerts on Ubuntu. Please give this a shot, then restart the Tomcat process:

sudo /var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates-java.postinst configure

Documented here

Cheers,
katie

michaelt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Katie,

You're 100% spot on. It's just sprung into life as soon as I ran the command and restarted tomcat.

Thanks for your help on this

Cheers
Michael

michaelt
New Contributor
New Contributor

bwalter
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm facing the exact same issue, but on CentOS 7. As there is no dpkg on CentOS, can anyone please help me out with the necessary command on CentOS? We're on JAMF 10.1.1, by the way

thanks
Bernd

HDFCJAMF
New Contributor

Hello,

We are facing the same issue but on Windows Server 2016, can someone help us with the command on Windows 2016?. We are on Jamf 10.6.2 version. We are unable to configure the Jamf proxy server.

Thanks,
Melvin