Caspe Screen Sharing Smart Groups

Person
New Contributor III

I was tasked on getting a list of screen sharing sessions by our staff on a group of our machines. Is there a way I can get this in a Smart Group search or any search instead of going to each computer? I checked in the documents and on this site but do not see anyone else having to do this.

I'm am using version 9.9.

Sorry, I misspelled Casper

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hmm. I don't think there's an easy way to do this. The logs of Casper Remote screen sharing sessions aren't really stored in a central location you can search against, at least not from within the JSS GUI. They may be in the MySQL db, but I don't know. These are also not available in the API that I'm aware of, so no options to script a search from there.

Centralized logs has been one of the requests for JAMF to bring back to version 9 (it was a feature in JSS 8.x and earlier) While I'm not certain you would have been able to search against the logs centrally in version 8, this is an example of why something like a central search against JSS logs could be useful and needed. I'd probably post your thoughts and a link to this thread maybe on the Feature Request. That FR is here