User-Initiated Enrollment - Is it LDAP users only?

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to start using user initiated enrollment within Casper. I have enabled it within JSS. However from a Macbook, when I go to https://<url>/enroll, I type in the enrollment username and password, and then I am faced with "Assigned to user" page.

Within this Assign to user page, I can't type in anything and there is no LDAP user available (because we're using local user accounts, not Windows LDAP).

Is user-initiated enrollment only for LDAP account? Is there anyway to allow it for local user accounts? I guess the local user can be anyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@Bernard.Huang just leave the field on the Assign to User page blank and click the Enroll button and it will download a QuickAdd package. Then you can install the QuickAdd package and the computer will be enrolled. From what I can tell assigning the computer to a user at this screen requires your JSS to be connected to LDAP. I can't seem to get it to work with local users that are setup in the JSS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@Bernard.Huang just leave the field on the Assign to User page blank and click the Enroll button and it will download a QuickAdd package. Then you can install the QuickAdd package and the computer will be enrolled. From what I can tell assigning the computer to a user at this screen requires your JSS to be connected to LDAP. I can't seem to get it to work with local users that are setup in the JSS.

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Thank you! I love simple solutions. Yes, leaving it blank will do.
I should have remember that from my CCT training.