Single APP Mode Safari Kiosk problem

reon
Contributor

Hi there,

My company wanted to setup a kiosk with an iPad, it opens a webpage using and prints tickets for customers.

So I added a WebClip that link to the site with full screen (so address bar is hidden and customers can't navigate to another webpages), and turn on Single APP mode for Safari.

Problem, how to make Single APP Mode open my pre-configured WebClip, instead of just launching Safari with full feature?

5 REPLIES 5

RogerH
Contributor II

@reon check out kiosk pro in the app store may give you what your looking for. We use it to open to our guest sign in page. It comes in many flavors from free to I think $80 but the $80 version is fully managed so you can push settings to it. Kiosk Pro Enterprise

canopimp
New Contributor III

I am trying to do the same thing @reon. Not sure how to get safari to open the unique URL.

canopimp
New Contributor III

So to follow backup on this, @RogerUL suggestion is gold. We went with the Kiosk Pro Lite app as we are just navigating some internal web pages and it works great. I highly recommend this app, but still seems strange you cannot do this out of the box with Apple and some basic configuration profiles.

plawrence
Contributor II

@canopimp You can use the Content Filter payload and set it to "Built-in: Specific Websites Only", then add in the URLs that you want users to access. These will then automatically appear as bookmarks in Safari. Then when you configure the Single App Mode payload for Safari, it will lock users into Safari and they wont be able to browse anywhere else but your allowed sites. The only downside is that they can attempt to browse somewhere else, but it just brings up a message to say it is restricted.

If you dont want users to be able to use any of the Safari buttons at all, you could look at enabling Guided Access Mode locally on the iPad, this will allow you to disable touch on specific parts of the app and locks to a single app with a passcode.

fscheps
New Contributor

What we did is made a Home Screen Shortcut on the iPad and when you open it the address bar is hidden. Then we enabled guided access which would prevent any user from pressing anything so the user would be locked on the Safari browser session.

What we are noticing on the web app is some unresponsiveness to touch, but that is another issue.