Policy log displaying in JSS 9.92

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I upgraded to JSS 9.92 from 9.81 the other day and so far so good with one exception. When I view Policy logs, the default view is now to only display 10 items at a time and sorted by computer name. I have to manually change it to display 100 items and sort by Date/Time... EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. for every policy.

Why doesn't it respect the view settings I set it to? Why is this now the default behavior? ≤9.81 didn't do this.

5 REPLIES 5

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

product issue/feature request threads on this. current behavior doesn't make sense to most.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=19447

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=4891

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Well, poo. The explanation of it being a deliberate change does not sit well with me. What's worse is that the feature request hasn't been marked as Under Review or anything else.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

yea i just commented in the thread myself. i am not sure they understand the annoyance if they aren't living in the product every day

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@AVmcclint I reported the 10 item bug to my TAM and I got back the following:

Unfortunately the behavior that you are seeing is a current Product Issue on our side. We do have a workaround listed for it if you would like to try that out and see if it helps: 1 - Go to /Library/JSS/TomCat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/frontend/ and copy and paste the policyHistory.jsp onto the desktop for a back up of the file 2 - open terminal 3 - sudo nano /Library/JSS/TomCat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/frontend/policyHistory.jsp 4 - click control+W and type lengthMenu click enter 5 - in this line we want to go to the [[10, 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000], [10, 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000]], 6 - change it to [[1000, 25, 50, 100, 500], [1000, 25, 50, 100, 500]], 7 - Control+O, enter 8 - Control+X, enter 9 - Restart TomCat 10 - Hop into the web app to make sure it looks good.

I was given PI-002163 as the defect. I personally didn't try this on our production JSS. I would encourage you to talk to your TAM referencing that defect #. If more people chime in maybe that will get the priority up and we might get a proper fix.

Edit: I finally got around to giving this a try on my test JSS and the "fix" basically defaults the value from 10 to 1000. I suppose if you want a smaller number you could adjust that first number to one of the other values in the list.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

@mpermann I just edited the values in policyHistory.jsp and restarted Tomcat but when I try to view the policy logs, it just says Loading... and never displays anything. I reverted back to the new 9.9x defaults and will just have to live with it for now.