All Computers has no computers..

Treger
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have this weird bug with the JSS where when I apply a policy or so to "All Computers" and then go look in the logs there are no machines in it... has anyone seen this before? If so, anyone know how I can get them back? When I apply to a smart group or something that I think I have newly created as a group the machines are there in the logs...

8 REPLIES 8

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Excluding much?

--
https://donmontalvo.com

Treger
Contributor

Nope, 4 machines...

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Anything else noteworthy under the Scope tab? Like, are you also scoping to specific users, or is that not set and its only scoped to computers? What about under the Limitations tab? Anything under there that might be excluding everything from showing up?
Also, what is the execution frequency and trigger set to?

Treger
Contributor

Not really its a Config profile to set some Safari prefs with an XML, it is scoped to all machines and has 3 exclusions (my bad, not 4) nothing set on limitations.

Distro method is install automatically at user level.

Treger
Contributor

Just changed it to Computer level and they all showed up... DOH! sorry guys... As I wrote the above I thought let me change that...

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Oh, so not a policy, but a Config Profile? Yeah, the scoping for profiles works a little different than with policies. Similar, but not exactly the same. Glad you got it figured out though.

Treger
Contributor

Thanks, I didn't really realise that if it was at user level that it would affect the scoping... Yeah a config profile...

Treger
Contributor

Just changed it to Computer level and they all showed up... DOH! sorry guys... As I wrote the above I thought let me change that...