NetSUS 4.1.0 Not Automatically Syncing Updates

etippett
Contributor II

I just spun up a brand new instance of the NetSUS 4.1.0 appliance (.ova file) and set the Software Update Server's Daily Sync Time to 3AM. However, the web GUI is showing that my last sync ran over a week ago. Does anyone know how the daily sync is triggered (so that I can investigate if the GUI is actually setting it up correctly) and where it might log to so that I can check for errors? Manual sync works fine.

Thanks,
Eric

5 REPLIES 5

itupshot
Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue where it's not synchronizing all of the updates from Apple.
NetSUS 4.1.0 discussion

etippett
Contributor II

@itupshot Is that even after running a manual sync?

FWIW I found that the daily sync is configured in cron and the crontab file looks correct. Checking the cron logs I don't see it attempting to run, so I'm at a bit of a loss where to go from here.

itupshot
Contributor II

@etippett Same thing. I don't know if it's doing anything. I checked again today after doing a manual sync, and it's still missing a lot of updates.

etippett
Contributor II

Strange. I just checked mine and even though the Last Sync date says July 20, it has updates as recent as August 3rd. I know I've not initiated a manual sync in at least a week, so apparently the scheduled sync is running but not updating the webpage.

seanjsgallagher
Contributor

Has anyone found a fix for this?