Computer MDM Capability: No

reon
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I just reinstalled Mac OS on my MacBook Air, when I tried to enroll my MBA to JSS, it tells me MDM Capability: No
92262fed777b477fa96100a3dcd1aef4

I've checked my certificates, none of them expired. and just did a push diagnostic and it pass too
96058b7c7da644829284e4f77c87ae11

Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

reon
Contributor

Found the solution, check boxes under Settings>Computer Management>Security were not checked.79c62b8b164e465fa7f8756a208448ca

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

As long as all is ok with ports and certificates, I would use sudo jamf removeFramework on the client, delete the computer in the JSS and then re-enroll with a QuickAdd.pkg.

jjones
Contributor II

I noticed you said MacOS, is your JSS updated to support the new location for the binary? That can cause it to say no, also being it is still in beta there can be some issues that will arise from the JSS and Sierra.

reon
Contributor

hi @davidacland I did your steps, but still not solving the problem

reon
Contributor

Hi @jjones

I've attached the locations of where my binaries are stored.
my JSS version is 9.92

I assumed this is correct?

36f77eb68c2145609ef85acbe9daf781
bb09eb7fa2724f2b8d45cb55f0a0d97c

reon
Contributor

Found the solution, check boxes under Settings>Computer Management>Security were not checked.79c62b8b164e465fa7f8756a208448ca

kwsenger
Contributor

This also worked for us.

1. Delete these folders:
    /var/db/Configuration Profiles
    /Library/Managed Preferences

2. Reboot

3. Login as local admin user
  4. Open Terminal sudo jamf manage

whiteb
Contributor II

We have a very small handful of machines like this. They still have all of our profiles installed and are checking in, but no management commands available in Jamf + MDM Capability shows 'No'.

sudo profiles renew -type enrollment

Running the above, even with an existing MDM Profile installed, fixed the issue.

I tried a sudo jamf enroll -prompt to re-enroll first, which completed without issue, but still MDM Capability 'No' and no management commands for the computer in Jamf.

Only after running the profiles renew command and accepting the little message that pops-up did the computer get fixed. This computer was an M1 iMac on 13.2.1.

Appears some computers lose their MDM Capability for no apparent reason.