Implementing the appUsageToCSV.jsp? Deployment question

EricIT
New Contributor

My org is getting very interested in software usage data. We just started rolling out Casper a couple months ago and I'm now digging into what resources are needed for this.

So far we keep getting pointed to the old ResourceKit JavaScript by JAMF support but there is no instruction or guidance for how this is support to get deployed or how it operates. Just a .jps that I have honestly no idea what to do with.

Feeling a bit out of my depth here and I'm new to scripting. Anyone out there using this or something similar to deliver software usage reports? I've successfully deployed some scripts for management but nothing like this. Online searching proving to be unhelpful.

Any help getting this script deployed or suggestions would be much appreciated!

ResourceKit
Related Discussion

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Did JAMF Support recently point you to the ResourceKit, or was that some time back now? I ask because, honestly, I'm not sure if anything in the ResourceKit has actually been updated in years now. Seems like everything in it is still from 2011, which is kind of ancient at this point. I'd be surprised if most of the utilities in it actually still worked with today's JSS. Though I don't know. If support is pointing you to that, maybe they really do still work?

I can't say I've used that particular javascript before, so I can't offer any help at the moment in getting it to work, other than, I really don't think its something you run client side. I have a feeling you run it locally on your admin machine and point it to your JSS to extract the data.