Force Sync with Apple School Manager

MIBAdmin
New Contributor

Is there a way to force the JSS to sync with Apple School Manager? I just added users and a class to my ASM and want to import the class to my JSS. I have reset the sync time to a time within the next ten minutes, but that time has come and gone with no new data. I'm assuming that's because it will only sync as frequently as once per day and my JSS and ASM already did a sync at 4 AM today???

5 REPLIES 5

hsekiv
Contributor

I have been able to force sync with the method you described. It's setup to sync every day, then I change the time within the next 2 minutes, and then wait for it to sync. It can sync more than once per day so not sure what's different in your setup.

bumbletech
Contributor III

I struggled with this a bit—I'm in a clustered environment. Recommendation from support was that changes need to be made on the server with the database and that seems to have done the trick.

peter
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

There are two separate changes currently available in the 9.96 beta that should help you out once it's released.

You can now force the JSS to sync with Apple School Manager and view the status of the sync.
[PI-002385] Fixed an issue that prevented a non-master JSS web application in a clustered environment from syncing with Apple School Manager at a scheduled time other than the originally configured sync time.

Hopefully that will take care of it for you!

michael_devins
Contributor II
Contributor II

As of the Casper Suite 9.96, Apple School Manager settings provide an option to Force Sync. This new sync option will initiate a full sync to update the JSS with the latest users and classes from Apple School Manager.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=5147

raphaelhuber
New Contributor II

Situation here:
Force sync button has disappeared. no new sync in a couple of days. sync schedule has been changed to the next minute many times. no sync happening anymore.