Not able to suppress automatic updates in adobe creative cloud desktop 3.8.0.310

jamfvijju
New Contributor III

a63687f10d204d969541973c4d6ba5bd

Hi All,

Here i have an challenge while suppressing the automatic update in Adobe creative cloud desktop. Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards
Vijendra

2 REPLIES 2

apanages
New Contributor

@jamfvijju Did you use the Adobe Creative Cloud Packager to build the package that installed the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

When you launch Adobe Creative Cloud Packager to build your package you should be able to select to disable the Desktop App or disable updates.

In my enterprise we disabled the Desktop App all together and we push the updates through our own Adobe SUS that is on a server here locally.

etippett
Contributor II

I've found that for some (stupid) reason, disabling updates in Creative Cloud Packager does not disable updates for the Creative Cloud Desktop app if it is included in the same package. This is truly annoying in an environment like ours, where our users need to be able to sign in with their Adobe ID in order to access shared libraries, etc, but are not admins on their machines.

I did some digging using Composer snapshots and discovered that the file ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/com.adobe.acc.container.default.prefs is the one that stores the setting to uncheck that box. You want the file to have these contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<prefs>
    <property key="keepAppAlwaysUpToDate">OFF</property>
</prefs>

I used Composer to create a DMG of this file, then deployed it in a policy with Fill Existing Users and Fill Existing Templates selected.

Good luck!
Eric